101 Guide to Dry Herb Vaporizers
You’ve been hearing these terms, Dry Herb Vaporizers, TEDs, Desktop and Portable Vapes; and you are stuck with a wave of questions. What are these devices, what do I use them for, how do I use them, what is the price of vape in India, are vaping devices available in India? Are these questions clouding you, are you looking to stretch your herbs while also ensuring that tobacco harm is reduced?
If you are interested in learning more about these devices, dive into our 101 Guide for Dry Herb Vaporizers.
WHAT IS A DRY HERB VAPORIZER?
Dry Herb Vaporizers are devices, which can be used with any dried herbs or flowers. They are heated up, manually or electronically, to produce vapour which contains the material’s therapeutic properties. The vapour produced contains the aroma and the flavours of the dried plant material.
A dry herb vaporiser heats the material to a point below the combustion level, till the terpenes form a vapour. Unlike traditional methods of usage, Dry Herb Vaporizers eliminate the need for combustion and allow the user to go smoke free. The best part about these devices is that they allow one to use any dry herbs, without the need to add tobacco, and are useful in tobacco harm reduction. When you switch from smoking to vaping, you get to enjoy the terpenes and reduce the amount of carbon monoxide and benzene you inhale.
Dry Herb Vaporizers are easily accessible and discreet and the best part is these vaping devices are available in India. Check the last segment of this Guide to know more about how to buy vape online in India.
HOW TO USE A DRY HERB VAPORIZER?
Using a dry herb Vaporizer is as simple as it gets. Follow these steps to get started:
- Grind your Material: Make sure to grind your material before you start vaping. An even grind will not only make the experience more enjoyable but will also ensure a longer session.
- Fill the Chamber: Remove the cap or the cover of the chamber of your dry herb vaporizer and fill the chamber with your finely ground herbs. To start off, a looser pack is recommended.
- Heat up: Depending on the type of dry herb vaporizer you own, battery powered or manual, the device will have to be heated up, either using the temperature setting on your device or using a torch lighter. This usually takes about 15 to 30 seconds.
- Hit it and Exhale: Once your device has heated up, you can proceed to take a hit by placing your lips over the mouthpiece and inhaling at a steady pace. It is recommended to pull hard for a vapour-ful experience.
Go on to release the inhaled vapour.
- Repeat: You can continue using the device till you attain the desired results. In the case of electric dry herb vaporisers, you can continue your session, without having to heat up the device again. But if you’re using a battery free vaporizer, you will have to wait for the device to cool down and then repeat the 3rd and 4th step.
BEST DRY HERB VAPORIZERS
Dry Herb Vaporizers can be categorised in two segments, Electronic and Battery Free. We recommend the following in both categories:
Battery Free Dry Herb Vaporizers:
- The ‘M’ by Dynavap: The ‘M’ is the flagship battery free dry herb vaporizer by Dynavap, which has no electronic parts and is made from medical grade Stainless Steel. The ‘M’ can be used with any heat source, but it is recommended to use it with a butane torch or an Induction Heater for a flavourful experience. The ‘M’ can be used with dry herbs or concentrates. The best part is the maintenance of this device is close to minimal and the device will last you a lifetime. It is portable and is easily one of the best devices in its price range.
The ‘M’ retails at the price of 7800 INR in India.
- The VonG by Dynavap: The VonG is a battery free dry herb vaporizer that is perfect for those who enjoy using a bong during their sessions. The VonG is natively compatible with 14mm and 10 mm bongs. It is a great device for those who enjoy a session with cooler vapour. The device comes with a Titanium or a Wooden Stem, both of which have varying taste and vapour profiles.
The VonG retails at the price of 13000 INR in India.
Electronic Dry Herb Vaporizers:
- The Crafty+ by Storz & Bickel: The Crafty+ by Storz and Bickel is easily one of the most loved and recommended electronic vapes of our time. It is battery powered vape, that works on the principles of conduction and convention. The temperature adjustability allows the user to pick and choose the type of vapour one consumes, while giving out dense and flavourful vapour.
The Crafty+ retails at the price of 35000 INR in India.
- The Solo II by Arizer: The Arizer Soslo II Vaporizer is a perfect companion for anyone who wants high quality vapour, with a quick heat up time and a fully digital experience. The device ensures a smooth and cool vapour due to its ceramic, Stainless Steel and Glass vapour path. It is perfect for a quick session with a commendably short heat up time and a long battery life.
The Arizer Solo II retails at the price of 22000 INR in India.
HOW TO USE A DYNAVAP?
The steps for using a Dynavap Vapcap are pretty similar to using any vaping device.
- Fill the bowl: Remove the cap off of your Dynavap Vapcap and fill the bowl with your desired ground material. It is recommended that the bowl not be filled completely and a small space should be left in the bowl. Place the cap back on the device.
- Heat the Cap: The trickiest part while using a Dynavap Vapcap is the heating. Any external heat source can be used to heat the Dynavap Vapcap, but it is recommended to use a Butane Torch or an Induction Heater.
Heating using a Torch: Using a torch as your heat source is one of the most pocket friendly methods to use the Dynavap VapCap and also makes the experience more amendable to your preferences.
Light up your torch, making sure your cap is not buried in the flame and is about 2 mm away from the flame. Rotate your device throughout the heating process. The Dynavap Vapcap intimates the user regarding the heating using a Click Mechanism. While Heating up, the Device clicks twice to indicate that the material is ready to be vaped and inhaled.
There are 3 heating positions on the cap of the device that can give you varied flavour and density of vapour; top, mid and bottom. Heating at the top of the cap gives the most flavourful but low density and low heat vapour. Middle of the cap, which is also the most recommended, balances the density and the flavour of the vapour and gives slightly warmer vapour. The Bottom of the Cap creates the most vapour and is also closer to the temperatures of combustion.
Heating using an Induction Heater: Using an Induction Heater as a heat source is one of the most sought after ways to use the Dynavap Vapcap. It makes the experience seamless and closer to an electronic vape. It takes away the learning curve of using a torch lighter. Using an Induction Heater removes the need to rotate your device constantly while ensuring that the cap does not get buried in the flame.
First, the device has to be placed in the heating chamber of the Induction Heater. Then at the press of a button, your device starts heating. Hold down the button till you hear the two heat up clicks. Voila, your herb is ready to vape.
- Take your hit : Once you hear two heat up clicks, stop heating the device or you’ll risk combusting your herb. It is recommended that you always #RespectTheClick and do not heat beyond the click as it not only affects the flavour profile of the material used, but may also lead to decline ration of the cap.
Placing the mouthpiece between your lips, take a slow and steady inhale and experience the explosion of flavourful vapour. The Dynavap Vapcap clicks twice during the cooldown and indicates that the device is ready for heating again.
- Repeat: Once you hear two cool down clicks, it’s time to repeat the step 2 and 3 again, till you get the desired therapeutic results.
Using a Dynavap Vapcap is extremely simple and different heating methods can be used to suit your needs. It is an extremely durable device and will last you a lifetime.
WHERE CAN I BUY VAPES ONLINE IN INDIA?
You can buy all Dynavap Products, Accessories and Maintenance parts, devices from many more dry herb vaporizer brands and vaping devices on our website. We ship pan India and always available to assist you regarding usage and other queries.